Carista
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Carista. We are an original fantasy roleplay forum set in the world of Carista -- a place where the eight different systems of control are divided across countries and oceans and blood. The systems of control are Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Plant, Health and Time -- all given to humanity in ages past.

Now, during a golden age throughout the kingdoms, rumors have come of the Loners discovering an ancient building deep underground that contains a legendary Relic that may hold the key to ultimate power or destruction. And so the race of kingdoms begin with the prize being a Relic of untold power...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Affiliate With Us

Our Affiliates

RPG-D RPGD Topsites Distant Fantasies

The plots and creative work of the site are thanks to Delilah and Vulcan. The graphics and skin are custom made by Delilah for Carista.

The Panels were inspired by the staff system on Bloodrites.net

All written role play content belongs to the designated writer.

Carista is PG-13 with all M+ threads in forums only seen by 18+ year old members.

Blood is thicker than water

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

Total Experience Points : 9

Blood is thicker than water Empty
PostSubject: Blood is thicker than water   Blood is thicker than water I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Not sure why I didn't post this sooner >.>

So Kelly Gray is related to one of the biggest crime families in Ignis; the Grays. If it's a criminal activity--aside from assassinations and anything extremely criminal, of course--the Grays have some sort of appendage in it. Gambling? Of course. Prostitution? A must. Concocting alcoholic beverages that will make you go blind? A certainty. Greasing palms for political leverage? Only on days that end in Y.

There are only a few rules that Grays live by, one being that they do not kill any of their own--for ANY reason. Hence the reason why Kelly Gray still lives. If a Gray was ever killed for any reason, the family would mostly be involved in "resolving" the situation. For that matter, Grays don't usually kill anyone for fear of drawing too much heat from the Ignis government, although some people just need to die sometimes to set an example. Grays are also very family-oriented, and one of the biggest traditions is gathering and having a large meal together when their schedules allow.

Now I have a bunch of names fleshed out from Kelly's app, but as I copy the formatting that milk used but I'm just going to list the ages because the elements and classifications don't necessarily matter. The spaces between the names signify immediate family separations.

And if you want to simply create a Gray that isn't on this list, by all means be my guest! The family is large enough.

Mother – Mary Waters-Gray, early 60's
Step-Father – Caleb Waters-Gray, early 60's
Half-Brother – Simon Gray, early 30's
Half-Sister-in-Law – Dorothy Gray, early 30's
Half-Brother – Herman Gray, mid 30's

Uncle – Jonathan Gray, late 60's
Cousin – Chloe Simmons-Gray, early 40's
Cousin-in-Law – Thomas Simmons-Gray, late 40's
Cousin – Gertrude Simmons-Gray, late 30's

Uncle – Collin Gray, early 70's
Aunt – Helena, early 50's
Cousin – Frank Gray, early 30's

Uncle – Tom Gray, late 40's
Aunt – Anna Gray, mid 40's
Cousin – Amanda Gray, mid 20's
Cousin – Trevor Gray, mid 20's
Cousin-in-Law – Victor Peters, early 20's
Cousin – Kaylee Waters, early 20's

Uncle – Bennett Gray, late 50's
Aunt – Delilah Gray, early 50's
Cousin – Brandy Johnson, late 30's
Cousin – Henry Johnson II, mid 30's
Cousin – Freda Johnson, early 30's
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

Total Experience Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Blood is thicker than water   Blood is thicker than water I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Reserving Henry for later, if I may. I got planzzzz.
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: Blood is thicker than water   Blood is thicker than water I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:49 am

^_^ YOU MAY!

EDIT: My fingers originally typed YOU AMY. So. You're Amy now apparently >.>
Back to top Go down
JKatkina

Total Experience Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Blood is thicker than water   Blood is thicker than water I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm tempted! This sounds like fun and might fit in just peachily with the character I'm putting together. Long story short: his dad is an arms merchant who made big money off of the wars and his mom is an Ignis citizen with somewhat suspect moral character but some sort of political or social power that I haven't figured out yet. They're sort of a power couple of loose scruples and great ambition.

Evan, on the other hand, isn't a hell of a lot like either of his parents, but I was thinking his mom might fit in as a Gray. I like the idea of tossing them into a big family dinner!

It'd probably have to be shoehorning them in as an additional set of uncle/aunt/cousins though. What say you? Is there more information about the Grays to know, like traditions, or general family character or things you want to see or specifically don't want to see in family members? I wanna make sure they're a good fit before forcing my beastly little family on you.

Last edited by JKatkina on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar, yo!)
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: Blood is thicker than water   Blood is thicker than water I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Profiting as an arms merchant definitely sounds like a Gray...and suspect moral character is always a Gray...lol.

You can make new family members as you want--I just threw in a bunch because I had them on my original app for Kelly >.>

In terms of the Gray family in general, I simply pictured them as a mob boss type of family without the 'whacking' of people--big family, lots of respect and love, and always into something shady. Since there's a bunch of Grays out there, they can vary greatly so the parameters for character creation are pretty broad.

And there are some Grays who don't act like Grays--maybe there's one or two Grays that enjoy killing people while a few more Grays don't want to have anything to do with the family business. It's all up to you.
Back to top Go down
Cecil Grey

Total Experience Points : 1

Character Sheet
OOC:
Classification:
Experience:
Blood is thicker than water Left_bar_bleue0/0Blood is thicker than water Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Blood is thicker than water   Blood is thicker than water I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:53 am

I was playing around with the name generator and it generated the name "Cecil Grey." At first I thought to myself, "what a dumb name," but then an idea for a character emerged. I'm new to rp-ing, a family member is trying to get me interested so this will be my first character. I haven't written much since I ended school so I wanted my first character to be easy, thus i want to make him a bit funny to help keep myself interested.

Cecil will be a character that is perceived as being stupid, but is really fairly average in all aspects but one: he is lucky. Cecil will be a character that is unintentionally successful, and much hated by his fellow 'Greys' despite being quite happy to work for the family and being loyal and (mostly) obedient. In his adventures Cecil's opportunities will often be determined by how others perceive him, for better or worse.

Cecil fills the role off foot soldier, errand boy, and, all too often, patsy in the grey family. But despite what others think of him he believes he will one day prove his worth.

I'm still writing my character app so let me know if you are interested in this kind of character, also any advice on getting started etc.
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: Blood is thicker than water   Blood is thicker than water I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:10 pm

I'm still getting into the swing of things from being absent for awhile, so forgive me for posting so late <.<

The Greys are a tight knit family, but definitely competitive and jealous over the success of other family members. They wouldn't kill you over, but might definitely make things difficult for your character to make a living.

This character sounds great though. Just a small detail--it's Gray and not Grey :-)
Back to top Go down
Cecil Grey

Character Sheet
OOC:
Classification:
Experience:
Blood is thicker than water Left_bar_bleue0/0Blood is thicker than water Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Blood is thicker than water   Blood is thicker than water I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 12:47 pm

crap, do I need to change it or can we just pretend I'm not derp?
Back to top Go down
Cecil Grey

Character Sheet
OOC:
Classification:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Blood is thicker than water   Blood is thicker than water I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:12 pm

I'm still figuring out how this stuff works and my sister, who is supposed to be proofreading for me, has instead headed off to college and I'm also recovering from a minor (but painful) dental surgery and am really only functional because of the Vicodin (so please forgive the grammer). Any comments or suggestions or welcome. I think I went overboard with the long post based on others I've read but I had the idea for this side-story and went for it. Cecil turned out to be a bit more bad-ass then I originally intended. Also, I'm not exactly clear on how elements work in this and I may not have registered Cecil properly so he hasen't been assigned elemental whatevers so I just let the other people be all magical. any and all advice is welcome.

https://carista.rpg-board.net/t541-blood-is-thicker-than-water-sideplot#2781
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: Blood is thicker than water   Blood is thicker than water I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:53 am

I'm off to bed now, but I will definitely review the app in the near future, possibly even tomorrow--if I find time >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood is thicker than water   Blood is thicker than water I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood is thicker than water
Page 1 of 1