Carista
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Carista. We are an original fantasy roleplay forum set in the world of Carista -- a place where the eight different systems of control are divided across countries and oceans and blood. The systems of control are Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Plant, Health and Time -- all given to humanity in ages past.

Now, during a golden age throughout the kingdoms, rumors have come of the Loners discovering an ancient building deep underground that contains a legendary Relic that may hold the key to ultimate power or destruction. And so the race of kingdoms begin with the prize being a Relic of untold power...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Affiliate With Us

Our Affiliates

RPG-D RPGD Topsites Distant Fantasies

The plots and creative work of the site are thanks to Delilah and Vulcan. The graphics and skin are custom made by Delilah for Carista.

The Panels were inspired by the staff system on Bloodrites.net

All written role play content belongs to the designated writer.

Carista is PG-13 with all M+ threads in forums only seen by 18+ year old members.

Katsue Hyuuga

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Katsue Hyuuga

Katsue Hyuuga

Total Experience Points : 30

Character Sheet
OOC: Tess
Classification: Citizen
Experience:
Katsue Hyuuga Left_bar_bleue28/30Katsue Hyuuga Empty_bar_bleue  (28/30)

Katsue Hyuuga Empty
PostSubject: Katsue Hyuuga   Katsue Hyuuga I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:54 am

The Basics

Name: Katsue (Blessed with victory) Hyuuga
Element: Earth
Birth Kingdom: Ignis
Home Kingdom: Terra

Appearance

Playby: Nan Yu
Appearance: Her eyes are black like coal and harsh. Her hair is of the same colour, however, she has dyed it copper at a few places, notably streaks on the bangs. There is a scar, from a sword cut, on the right side of her face, from the eyebrow to the upper corner of her eye.

Personality

Personality: Katsue has been hardened by all the unfair events of her life. She no longer expects anything good out of living; her only goal is exerting her revenge and whatever comes after that doesn't matter. She despises her father and anything related to him gets her furious. Seeing her in a good mood is as rare as seeing a shooting star: her most neutral mood is usually being on edge and cranky. Her bad mood, on the other hand, is something to be feared. Although she gets angry easily, the only times she'll show a truly dangerous nature is when her father, or to some extent the fire country, is involved.

She's very serious and closed on herself. When approached, she'll often just snap at the person, giving them the message to leave instantly. She's also harsh towards herself, scarcely satisfied with her progress and always wanting to be better and stronger. She enjoys a good spar, when it's with an opponent of equal strength or higher, to test her capabilities.

Her trust is nearly impossible to gain, but it's worth it. She's a loyal person at heart and will protect anyone she holds dear. When it isn't a favour for someone special, she believes that all services should be repaid. Meaning, when she does something, she expects something out of it. That also applies when she's hurt. ''An eye for an eye'', she believes.

The truth is, despite her tough act, she's a vulnerable person. She's haunted by the demons of her past and her desire for revenge is a heavy burden on her. She feels there's an uncrossable distance between she and her father and often gets discouraged or depressed. Of course, she's sensitive about the death of her mother; any mention of her and it's possible the waterworks will start – once she's alone, in any case.

• Being alone. She's an avenger, she has no need for people crowding her. The only person she tolerates on long periods of time is her master.
  • Training. She's obsessed with getting stronger, since she wants to defeat her father. It's only natural she'd enjoy training herself.
  • Her master, Hajime. He's one of those kind old men and she pretty much owes him her life.

Dislikes:

• Her father, obviously, but also any subsequent family related to him (half-brother, step-mother, grand-parents, etc). Her mother died because he put social standing above her and abandoned her.
  • The Ignis kingdom, for even putting aside her father's cowardice and abandon, had it not been for the war they started her mother would still be alive.
  • Hajime: he always gives her philosophy lessons and tries to convince her to give up her revenge.
  • Any show of hierarchy or social/ethnic unfairness: her life became a mess because of that. (Save of course, the fire country. Still hates them.)

Background

History: Lucius was a upcoming officer in the Ignis army while Mirai was a pottery artist gone to the fire country to practise her craft. When they first saw each other, it was seemingly love at first sight. They never wed, but conceived little Katsue in their early relationship. Two years later, as tensions between the Ignis and Terra country rose, Mirai and Katsue's existences became a nuisance towards Lucius' military career. As long as that 'alliance' continued, he could never ascend to general. That being his life's ambition, he denied his family, sending to live in the servant's ward. He quickly married to a Ignis noble woman, a union from which he obtained a son, his pride and joy. Curtis would later become a fire-wielding prodigy.

Living as servants was hard on the little girl who was mostly ignored altogether by her father. At that age, she did not notice the lingering stares and regretful sighs. All she could comprehend was that the father she'd once run up to was now pushing her away. Her mother, on the other hand, was still as loving as ever and somehow never seemed saddened. She happily did what was asked of her, by Lucius and the rest of the servants. She and her daughter were tended to and always received a bit more remuneration than the others. Because of that, they were often looked at in contempt, but Mirai always kept a smile on her face. As for Katsue, she would run along and play most of the time and no one would stop where they once would have. It was as if she was invisible and though it was enthralling at first, the thrill didn't last. It soon became painfully lonely.

The life of being strangers within their own household ended for Katsue and her mother when the war between Ignis and Terra broke out officially, when Katsue was five years old. A raid on the general's residence forced the personnel to evacuate while their master did nothing to help them, not even his true love and their child. There were speculations about what he was doing at the time, but none ever came to light and Katsue would later believe he simply chose ambition over his family and abandoned them.

Mirai somehow managed to return to the Earth kingdom with her daughter. Their troubles were not to end there: Mirai was shunned by her people for her past with an Ignis countryman and most of her family had already died of starvation. She had to struggle to keep her child and herself alive. It was not a time where people were interested in buying potteries and so the artist had to make do with the other skill she'd developed: serving. Hired by a wealthy family, she started working there as a maid. Katsue, still not fully at grasp with their dire situation but eager to help her mother, worked as her aid. Their employers provided them with shelter, but they always lived with the bare minimum.

At age ten, wanting to get her mother and she out of their rut, Katsue decided to take on another job. Luckily, it happened that the family they worked for were acquaintances with another influential figure in the village; the Earth master, Hajime Inoue. She was introduced to him through them. By then, Katsue was already growing an attitude, which charmed the teacher who willingly accepted to have her work for him. He did not start training her then nor did he or she ever bring it up. She already resented her father for leaving them to die, but she didn't have the drive to seek revenge yet. There was no need, nor time, to start training herself then.

Mirai passed away when Katsue was sixteen, from exhaustion and illness. Their employers had put a little money into her treatment, but it was in vain. Upon her last hour, the dying woman confided in her daughter about the letters she'd exchanged with her father during their years of servitude. There were some written for her as well, but Mirai had always hidden them. If I read them to you, I knew you'd be more heart-broken than if not. She'd kept the letters like her most precious treasure, but Katsue refused to read them. Devastated and filled with hatred towards her father, the cause of all their suffering, Katsue vowed to exert revenge on the man.

Hajime met with her on the night Mirai died and took care of all the necessities for her to receive a proper funeral. Katsue didn't have the means to do, nor the heart. After the service, she begged her old mentor to train her. He objected to it firmly at first, but caved under her relentless pressure. She trained under him, perfecting her combat skills as well as initiating herself to earth bending. During those years, what few friends she had made in her street-running days – through work and play - were lost. Hajime frowned upon that fact, thinking at her age it was healthier to forge bonds and enjoy life, but even he couldn't do anything against his student's resolve. The years following her acceptance as his apprentice were nothing but training and travelling alongside her master.

That was until no more than a year ago, when the war ended. She still has much to learn and she is not nearly ready to stand against her father, or even her half-brother she knows nothing of. However, she is growing impatient with training. She wants revenge sooner rather than later. She's thinking the fastest way there is joining the Terran army, since Terra and Ignis still have a few skirmishes on the borders. Before that, since she's not completely reckless, she wants to get some real-life combat experiences. Joining a band of mercenaries or enlisting in any kind of defence force; anything goes.

As of right now, she is still wandering with her master, searching for such an opportunity to arise.

Family:
Mother – Mirai (Future) Hyuuga, Earth Citizen.
Father – Lucius Trancy, Fire, Master.
Step-brother – Curtis Trancy, Fire Consular.
Grand-mother: Cornelia Trancy, Fire Consular.
Grand-father: Lucien Trancy, Fire Consular.
Mentor: Hajime (Beginning) Inoue, Earth Master.

OOC

RP Sample:
Haha-ue = very respectful way of saying ''mother''

Mirai chuckled weakly and reached up to touch her daughter's cheek. ''Katsue...You know, it's your father who chose your name. I wanted to name you Aiko, child of love, but he said,'' she tried imitating a burly voice and continued: ''no, woman, if she's to have a name from Terra, at least give her a name that inspires power. And so I suggested him Katsue, and he loved it. He said it was perfect for a child of his.''

Katsue held back the desire to grit her teeth, for she didn't want to hurt her mother needlessly. ''Haha-ue, don't speak of that man, you need to rest.'' The sickly woman shook her head, looking at her child softly. ''If there's anything I must do, it's to convince you your father is not a bad man, before I leave this world.'' She was weakening; her voices become hushed, her movements rare. Katsue held onto her hand, gripping it tightly. While she wanted to keep her mother from talking, she had enough respect to listen to someone's last words. ''I know...he loves you...''

''Haha-ue, haha-ue!'' Katsue pleaded, but it was in vain. Will you choose denial until the very end, haha-ue?! That man...That man never loved either of us! Mirai gave her daughter one last look, filled with all her love and drew her last breath.

Katsue stared at the forever still body. She ached everywhere, in her head, in her bones. The word vengeance had never seemed so glorious to her before. Haha-ue, names were always so important to you. Well, if you were supposed to be the future, then that wretched man took it away from you. It may not be what you wish, but I will make him pay.

Alias: Tess

Last edited by Katsue Hyuuga on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:43 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Carista Panel
Delilah

Total Experience Points : 203

Katsue Hyuuga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katsue Hyuuga   Katsue Hyuuga I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:18 am

Katsue has been blessed as an...

Katsue Hyuuga Earth_Citizen
Back to top Go down
https://carista.rpg-board.net
Katsue Hyuuga

Katsue Hyuuga

Character Sheet
Experience:

Katsue Hyuuga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katsue Hyuuga   Katsue Hyuuga I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Ready for a review!!!
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Carista Panel
Delilah

Katsue Hyuuga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katsue Hyuuga   Katsue Hyuuga I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:14 pm

I sent a review to your Player account.
Back to top Go down
Katsue Hyuuga

Katsue Hyuuga

Character Sheet
Experience:

Katsue Hyuuga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katsue Hyuuga   Katsue Hyuuga I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:43 am

I think....I may be ready for a re-review....
Ok, no, I'm ready.
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Carista Panel
Delilah

Katsue Hyuuga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katsue Hyuuga   Katsue Hyuuga I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:50 am

Katsue Hyuuga Accepted_Delilah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Katsue Hyuuga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katsue Hyuuga   Katsue Hyuuga I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Katsue Hyuuga
Page 1 of 1