Carista
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Carista. We are an original fantasy roleplay forum set in the world of Carista -- a place where the eight different systems of control are divided across countries and oceans and blood. The systems of control are Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Plant, Health and Time -- all given to humanity in ages past.

Now, during a golden age throughout the kingdoms, rumors have come of the Loners discovering an ancient building deep underground that contains a legendary Relic that may hold the key to ultimate power or destruction. And so the race of kingdoms begin with the prize being a Relic of untold power...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Affiliate With Us

Our Affiliates

RPG-D RPGD Topsites Distant Fantasies

The plots and creative work of the site are thanks to Delilah and Vulcan. The graphics and skin are custom made by Delilah for Carista.

The Panels were inspired by the staff system on Bloodrites.net

All written role play content belongs to the designated writer.

Carista is PG-13 with all M+ threads in forums only seen by 18+ year old members.

Saeyer's plotting thread

Go down 
+2
milksteak
Saeyer
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

Total Experience Points : 33

Saeyer's plotting thread Empty
PostSubject: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

STIAN ELD
-- Application --

Health Consular -- 27
South Glacies native
Currently in Sera

Basics
Stian was born and raised in South Glacies, only a couple of years after the first colonies were formed. Her childhood was at a formative time for their culture and bare-bones government and the task of raising children was, at the time, very communal. A great pride in being Glacian was instilled in her from a young age; that coupled with her Health element pointed her in a humanitarian direction.

Currently, Stian is a Health Consular travelling in pursuit of knowledge related to her craft. Ideally, she will return to Glacies once she has become a Master and disseminate her understanding of herbal and elemental healing, bettering the quality of life for the people there.

Known languages
Caristian, Enish, Ignese and some Seran

Friends, Lovers & Enemies
Stian is a little difficult to get to know, but when she allows her guard down, she can be friendly, compassionate and even humorous; above all, she is loyal. She keeps her word, does what she says she'll do, and if you afford her the same courtesy she'll follow you anywhere.

She'd have a fewer, more intense friendships rather than casual acquaintances and lovers seem fairly unlikely, but definitely possible. Enemies also seem on the unlikely end of things, but not a lot of people are particularly hot on Glacians at the moment.

Threads-to-be
Stian & Cillian?
Stian & Haruna?
Stian & Tobias, once she's back in South Glacies

Active Threads
Waylaid - Katsue Hyuuga
Opening Gambit - Martyn Bohdan

BROTHER (RONAN) CARY
-- Application --

Wind Grand Master -- 25
Ventus native
Currently in Valetudo

Basics
Ronan, or Brother Cary, is a member of the Ventus Brotherhood and a Wind Grand Master. As most members of the Brotherhood, he can be very reserved but does like to be friendly with people. His greatest joy is exercising his power over his element and he likes to get things done, and done well. He's a little twisted in that he could murder your uncle and still chat to you with a smile afterward, but he hides it pretty well.

Left to his own devices, Ronan would explore the use of his element to its fullest potential. His sharp analytic mind has not yet turned itself to the issue of whether or not he agrees with what the Brotherhood tells him to do. He was raised not to ask questions of the Brothers above him, and so ask he does not.

Known languages
Caristian, Vennan, Valu

He's companionable enough, as Brothers go, but most of his friends would probably be within the Brotherhood. There could definitely be a few outside it, though. As for lovers, He is celibate as part of his vow to the Brotherhood. And enemies are never short for Brothers, but are usually fairly covert.

Threads-to-be

Active Threads
Salt is in the Air - Finnagan Collins
There Will be Blood (And Other Stuff) - Cillian Byrne

ERROL BOOKER
-- Application --

Water Apprentice -- 37
Ignis native
Currently in Ignis

Basics
Errol grew up the disappointing son of a disinterested father and an ambitious, military mother. In a last ditch attempt to impress his mother he joined up with the Ignesian army and spent a little while trying to make that work; it really, really didn't. He is now estranged from his family.

Errol is an active member of the Ignesian Rebellion. He is a charming, witty fellow with a sharp tongue and a fondness for women, though once in awhile a man may strike his fancy as well. He's got a big of a complex about how weak he is with his element, even at his age, and usually refuses to use it in front of anyone.

Known languages
Caristian, Ignese and some Terran

Errol is a friendly, charming person, but his dry wit often gets him in trouble, if he doesn't keep himself in check. The less he likes a person, the more likely they are to be on the receiving end of a quick quip at their expense. Sometimes he just can't help himself and will say something even to someone he likes very much, usually with a fairly quick apology attached.

He's had several lovers, but mostly in passing. Anyone permanent enough to really warrant being called a 'lover' instead of a 'one night stand that he's never going to see again' would be pretty important to him.

Enemies are fairly thin on the ground, unless you happen to be a loyalist. Then you're an enemy by default.

Friends of note: Callum Wright
Enemies of note: Ardent Davenport (more of a social enemy than a literal one), and Kelly Gray

Threads-to-be
Errol, Callum & Ardent -- Ardent yells at sheepish Errol and hungover Callum for being idiots

Finished Threads
Ignis Has the Biggest Balls - Open (Kelly Gray, Ardent Davenport, Callum Wright)

Active Threads
Bread Breaking - Nam Sung
Why are you shouting? - Callum Wright

ELIAS ADRIEN APOLLINAR DURANT
-- Application --
Water Citizen -- 20
Undan native
Currently in Valetudo

Basics
Elías is the youngest son of Amélie Durant, Queen of the Collective Kingdoms of Unda. He grew up a princeling, doted on by his siblings, and utterly spoiled. When his mother tried to explain to him that someday he'd actually be expected to rule something and discharge his duties it was news to him. If you left the boy alone he'd just want to party, read and write, wear fancy clothes and eat candy. One slightly dubious point in his father is that Elías does not actually desire power in any of its traditional forms. He does not want to unite the kingdoms of Unda under one banner (his), or conquest new lands; he isn't even particularly interested in retaking Glacies. That will change is his mother has anything to say about it (which she really, really does).

Elías loves fashion, poetry, parties and general splendor. He also loves romance, having been brought up on tales of courtly love and epic poetry about separated lovers finding each other decades later. While his particular use of his element isn't helpful in practical situations, he can mix a mean dye and an intoxicating perfume.

Known languages
Caristian, Enish and Valu; some Vennan

He is, in essence, a decent person. Spoiled rotten and naive, but decent. While obviously flawed, he doesn't try to hide it mostly because he has yet to understand that those personality traits are flaws. They're the way he is, so they must be right. What the boy needs is some tough love from a person he can't frighten off by acting like a willful child, and that actually is invested enough in him to take the shit and keep trying. Those people, unfortunately, are difficult to come by.

Lovers are out of the question for him, as he's just been betrothed to Noemi Ilda, the Valetudan Princess. And he doesn't make enemies intentionally, though that doesn't mean he doesn't have some.

Threads-to-be
Elías & Finnagan -- Wherein Elías tortures Finn and potentially shortens his own lifespan by forcing Finn to listen to the poetry he has written about Noemi
Elías & Noemi

Active Threads
Its my party (and I'll pout if I want to) -- Delmar Roux

BELEN CARDENAS
-- Application --

Water Master -- 41
Undan native
Currently in Unda

Basics
Belen grew up assuming she would be a fisherman like her father, out on the water all day and sleeping hard each night. As her elemental abilities grew, she realized she had abilities that made it possible for her to see more of the area around where she lived, to travel a little between islands. Taking that opportunity, she traveled for some time before getting tangled up in a complex, not entirely healthy relationship that resulted in two children and took up twenty years of her life. Not that she doesn't love her children, but she manged to make a clean break from the man and is now on board her brother Ivan's pirate ship.

Known languages
Caristian and Enish

On the whole Belen is an easy person to get along with, unless you're looking for a fight. She laughs easily and loudly, enjoys making the person she's talking to feel interesting or wanted and on the whole would much rather get along with a person than find fault with them. She enjoys having a large group of friends, though in essence they are more like acquaintances she has charmed enough that, should she need one, she would have a place to stay. Actual friends that can be fought with and then reconciled are a little thin on the ground, as she has an unfortunate habit of assuming people think worse of her than they do. Were a person willing to be patient with her, they would gain a good friend and she would grow considerably.

Enemies don't seem particularly common, but if you rub her the wrong way she will get into the mother of all shouting matches with you.

Threads-to-be
Belen & Ivan
Martyn & Belen

Active Threads
None

Last edited by Saeyer on Fri May 03, 2013 6:28 pm; edited 29 times in total
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

Total Experience Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:01 pm

As you said, Ronan will irritate the hell outta Cillian. I plan on having Cillian travel to Valetudo alone, as that is his way, but maybe he can run into Ronan (and Finn) on the way? And of course, they can have all that fun in Valetudo together.

Also, if Stian is ever in the general vicinity of Cillian, I'd totally play them together too!
Back to top Go down
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Yes! One of the things I sort of like about Cillian and Ronan being in the Brotherhood together is that, for all that Ronan will bother him, they're both still Brothers and respect each other for that. In a pinch they'll back each other up, even if one or both of them has an issue with the other. Could make for some really fun scenes! I really like the idea of him running into Ronan (and Finn) on the trip to Valetudo, or maybe right after they get into port. I'm sure he would be the first person they'd go looking for, if/when they find out he's arrived.

I think Stian and Cillian in a thread would be really interesting. She's a woman, which is sort of a mark against her in his book, but I think personality-wise they might actually get along. And she knows better than to mention she's Glacian to most people, so that could be a bit of tension. Of course, I'm sure if he listened carefully enough he would hear a Glacian accent or something something, but she wouldn't straight up mention it. I think it's going to take her awhile to get to Valetudo, partially because its sort of the stupidest place she could go at the moment, but she's definitely going to go there at some point.

Last edited by Saeyer on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lux
Inactive
Inactive
Sarah Lux

Total Experience Points : 3

Character Sheet
OOC: Kat
Classification: Master
Experience:
Saeyer's plotting thread Left_bar_bleue3/105Saeyer's plotting thread Empty_bar_bleue  (3/105)

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Once you guys get to Valetudo. Get ready to meet Sarah. I feel like Ronan and Sarah will not get along.
Back to top Go down
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:33 pm

I completely agree. Its going to be great!
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:56 pm

Oh yay, Errol! Can we do Errol/Ardent enemies? Maybe something can happen along the way that changes their minds about each other later - something epic and catastrophic - but starting out, they could really dislike each other. As said before, she wouldn't like that Errol was ever in the military, since she blames them for killing the love of her life and her parents.
Back to top Go down
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Yes, good! I will definitely add her under enemies. Looking forward to a thread between these two; its gonna be good XD
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Yesss! I'm thinking once we have enough Ignisians, we could have some sort of gathering event for them, like a ball or something. I'd like to get threading with you sooner than that though, if you're willing!
Back to top Go down
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:35 pm

I think it would be a really good idea to get them in the same place with other people, at least the first time. I'd love to start sooner, but it could be nice to have a general thread with them before we put them in a one on one situation. And I love the idea of a ball! What a good place for espionage.
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Alrighty! Would it be safe to say she knows who/what he is in the rebellion before he knows about her?
Back to top Go down
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:26 pm

Yeah, definitely. I think it'd be a bit of a shock to him when he finds out she's a part of it, and she seems higher up than him anyway. Has more information and such. Would we be playing the first time they'd met, or, like, the third or so?
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:38 pm

First time, definitely. Introductions are always the most interesting. She could at some point hint to him needing to keep an eye on some dude or another and things can click for him.
Back to top Go down
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:45 pm

I like it! At first he'd be like, no, I'm not one of your lackeys. And then after a little bit he'd figure things out and go do as he was told. Good good. Now we just need to coax some more people over to Ignis so we can get this (now literal) party started.
Back to top Go down
Dray

Dray

Total Experience Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Ha ha, making the rounds. If you're tired of seeing my 'hey, RP might work like this!' replies, I apologize! Just thought I'd drop some thoughts about my own character in the event that you have an open thread waiting to happen, or your curiosity is piqued.

Since Stian is already involved with another Terran in your current thread, that might possibly be a link for her to stumble over Haruna one day. I can't imagine that pitting her with two sour grapes would be a happy or healthy time for this young lady, but it might just be entertaining. Collecting Terran rebels like kick-chop action!

I love that you have a grand master controlling Wind! That alone might be valuable if you were willing to have him show off his talents to a Wind apprentice like Haruna. Since I suspect that they're also a world away from Terra, I can't see this happening right away, but at some point if their paths cross, I would adore an opportunity to provide Haruna with an in character reason for her to gain experience with her element. She might not be a Brother, but it all depends, I suppose, if Ronan is allowed or interested in providing some kind of mentoring to someone outside of his organization.

Because Errol spent time with the army, it could very well be that he even crossed paths with a young-teenager Haruna at some point while she was assisting in guerrilla activities in northern Terra. I'm curious to know why he is enemies with Kelly and Ardent while still being a member of the rebellion -- that sounds interesting. I haven't read enough yet to see what that's about! If Haruna does wind up in Ignis, she might be chasing an NPC Ignis ex-soldier who, for a time, had turned coat to help the Terrans he'd been sent to infiltrate. This could provide a reason for Haruna and Errol to meet, though from there I'm not sure what might happen. If said thread was pursued with either Ardent or Kelly first, Errol's first impression of Haruna could be tinted differently than a blind meeting, or vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:24 am

I am not tired of them at all!

I think it could be really fun for Stian to run into Haruna at some point; I think they could have a brusque sort of friendship. I'm still working on coming up with a bit more for Stian: her basic storyline is enough to keep her moving and give her a reason to be travelling, but I'd like to get a little more involved with her. I think before then, though, I'd love to run a few random threads and one with Haruna could be great.

Ronan is standoffish about being approached for being a Grand Master but honestly he's a huge show off so if someone asked him to teach them something, he'd be all over it. Students are probably the people he feels the most affection for, though that isn't saying a ton. If Haruna's ever in Valetudo, they should definitely thread together.

Errol's enemy status with Ardent isn't qutie accurate: it hasn't come up yet in thread, but she doesn't trust him because he used to be in the Ignis army. In response, he's prickly to her. Kelly is a more traditional enemy. I think their relationship could be interesting: he feels a lot of guilt over his time in the army, fighting Terrans, and doesn't like the Ignis Queen (to put it mildly). He might have a knee jerk reaction to the fact that she's Terran, but after a moment he'd remember himself and would probably help her. Do you think she'd have any interest in the rebellion?
Back to top Go down
Dray

Dray

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:04 am

I think that Haruna's high and mighty morals might put her into an interesting place with regards to Ignis' rebellion: she is something of a pacifist, so any kind of war would get her clucking her tongue in distaste. On the other hand, the Queen is responsible for throwing her entire life into shambles and separating her from her family, and hearing that it was all for a noble's grudge is probably enough to get any Terran's blood boiling. I don't have a strong enough feel for Haruna yet -- she has some very strong contradictions between beliefs and actions and I don't know which part of her she would side with when put to the test! I think that getting her embroiled in the Ignis rebellion might be a very good way to find out, though.

I think that threading with Stian and Ronan can be put off until a little later, perhaps -- both sound like a lot of fun, but it seems like it would make sense to have a progression from Ignis onward; that means Errol and co. X3 Let me know how your timeline for him and the others are looking... if there is anywhere that fits well for a newcomer, I'd love to insert Haruna into a thread!
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Carista Panel
Delilah

Total Experience Points : 203

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:00 am

We're about to have a little fight over the last Ignis thread where hungover Call (aka Brains) and Errol (aka Muscles) are about to get their heads bitten off by Ardent. That's all we have for Muscles and co I think XD

>_>

<_<

^_^
Back to top Go down
https://carista.rpg-board.net
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:46 pm

Listen! Cillian needs some action. I'm thinking maybe he and Ronan end up tasked with extracting information from Noemi and Finn's prisoners?
Back to top Go down
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Ronan needs some action too. I am all over this. Will this be the first time they've met, since Cillian came separately?
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 7:53 pm

Ooh yeah. And Cillian comes from a separate Discipline. Let's do it! And we should figure out what kinda info they get from Delilah.
Back to top Go down
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:57 pm

New character added!
Back to top Go down
Dray

Dray

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 11:53 pm

Hermagerb!

Ha ha, if I ever have Haruna at a point where she's not quite so angsty, pitting her against Elias one day would make an interesting set of interactions. ...I just need to find a way to wheedle her into royal circles so she can continually be hard-nosed about them. Mua ha ha ha.

Elias sounds like he could be a lot of fun to play. I look forward to seeing him romping wild and free across the board!
Back to top Go down
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:32 am

That would be fantastic. Haruna and Elias together would be a hoot; he'd have no idea what to do with her.

ALSO, BELEN HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE THREAD!
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Carista Panel
Delilah

Total Experience Points : 203

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Alright. This Errol/Call thing has to le happen. When you come back from your busy, we should chat about this xD
Back to top Go down
https://carista.rpg-board.net
Wicked

Wicked

Total Experience Points : 3

Character Sheet
OOC:
Classification:
Experience:
Saeyer's plotting thread Left_bar_bleue0/0Saeyer's plotting thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 11:59 am

Well earlier you suggested that Leandro might help Stian across a river or something, but after the thread I'm writing with Tess he's going to need to go to town and get supplies (since his firestarters were swept out to sea), so it's also possible that they could meet in Seran, or on the way to Seran.

Likewise, they could also have the threesome meeting with Lestelle with the latter option, so I'm going to go mention it to Greil.

I've also been looking to RP with Nam, but I wouldn't be able to imagine any specific interactions between her and your characters aside from...
Nam: *stammer stutter silence*
Errol: *Dafuq?*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saeyer's plotting thread   Saeyer's plotting thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saeyer's plotting thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next