Carista
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Carista. We are an original fantasy roleplay forum set in the world of Carista -- a place where the eight different systems of control are divided across countries and oceans and blood. The systems of control are Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Plant, Health and Time -- all given to humanity in ages past.

Now, during a golden age throughout the kingdoms, rumors have come of the Loners discovering an ancient building deep underground that contains a legendary Relic that may hold the key to ultimate power or destruction. And so the race of kingdoms begin with the prize being a Relic of untold power...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Affiliate With Us

Our Affiliates

RPG-D RPGD Topsites Distant Fantasies

The plots and creative work of the site are thanks to Delilah and Vulcan. The graphics and skin are custom made by Delilah for Carista.

The Panels were inspired by the staff system on Bloodrites.net

All written role play content belongs to the designated writer.

Carista is PG-13 with all M+ threads in forums only seen by 18+ year old members.

Tapestries of a Newbie

Go down 
+4
Tsamo
Jayne
milksteak
Tapestries
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tapestries

Total Experience Points : 0

Tapestries of a Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Tapestries of a Newbie   Tapestries of a Newbie I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:07 am

Alias: Tapestries

Contact Information: incarnadine.obsidian@gmail.com

RP History: I started late, when I was 16 I think. Accidentally stumbled upon RP from a manga scanlation site that had a huge RP section. RP'd in the anime sphere of things for a long while, but I got tired of threads and sites dying and took a year-long break from RPing. I discovered RPG-D through google one day and was introduced to the world of original setting RPing.

How you found Carista: RPG-D.

Truth be told I've known about Carista for quite a while (two months? maybe even longer?), and even lurked around multiple times. (Lovely kingdom plots, world, and I love randomization.)

But I was having my usual anxiety about the size of the world, fitting in and most importantly I wasn't sure I could keep up with activity requirements since I'm used to stuff like 'once a day per character' being asked of players. Finally took a proper at the rules today instead of skimming through (I know, I know, I should've read the rules first)...lo and behold, "once every two months with each character"!!! I know I can definitely meet this requirement, so consider me sold, hook, line and sinker ^^
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

Total Experience Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Tapestries of a Newbie   Tapestries of a Newbie I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:22 am

Ahhh hi! I'm milksteak, proud parent of five characters and a member of the review panel. I'm glad you decided to join! The world can be a little intimidating, but the best part about it is that there's tons of freedom. The activity reqs is awesome for me too. Helps guard against getting burnt out and it takes into consideration the older player.

Anyway! I started out in anime RP too! Were you predominantly on boards?

And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Join us in the cbox at your leisure!
Back to top Go down
Tapestries

Total Experience Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Tapestries of a Newbie   Tapestries of a Newbie I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 5:50 am

Yeah I was on boards all the way ^^

I have a question! How do the people of Carista dispose of their dead? I'm considering a variety of occupations for my character, one of which is a undertaker-by-day, grave-robber-by night. Obviously he can't be a grave robber if there aren't any graves to rob, so. xD
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

Total Experience Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Tapestries of a Newbie   Tapestries of a Newbie I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:21 pm

I would assume that every country does it differently depending on geography and culture - Unda would have a lot of water burials, Ignis would creamate, Terra would have earth burial ritual, etc. I saw in the c-box you were looking at Valetudo, and as someone who's pretty heavily invested there, I can say that there's probably a mix of creamation and burial. They have incinerators for the very poor and the diseased, so I see no reason for the wealthy (who'd have the best graves to rob anyway) who would be able to afford the best medical care and badass funerals not to have traditional burials.

Hope that helped!
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

Total Experience Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: Tapestries of a Newbie   Tapestries of a Newbie I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Oh Tapestries...my wife wants you in our house but I object >_>

But welcome! >.>
Back to top Go down
Tsamo

Tsamo

Total Experience Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Tapestries of a Newbie   Tapestries of a Newbie I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Jayne wrote:
Oh Tapestries...my wife wants you in our house but I object >_>

Ha. =D

And now here's a welcome from me! That was actually a very interesting question you asked. I hadn't really thought about the various burial customs for each kingdom. I look forward to seeing your first character and how the whole grave robbing angle plays out.
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Carista Panel
Delilah

Total Experience Points : 203

PostSubject: Re: Tapestries of a Newbie   Tapestries of a Newbie I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Welcome Tapestries!

I am Delilah, a member of the Carista Panel! Each of the Panels here serves as a part of the over all staff here. More info on each are in the sidebar buttons to the left. Included in our Panels is the Welcome Panel -- who welcome people! In addition, they serve as mentors and guides to get new members on their feet! I just sent you a PM with your mentor assignment!

I love the activity requirement as well -- I need it dammit! I love rping and don't have all the time in the world, like a lot of older players. It suits us well.

Milk pretty much covered the bit on how people in Carista dispose of their dead. Just follow the elements and you'll be pretty set, I think.

If you have any questions, let me know. A lot of information is in the links to the right side bar, but I am a great resource like everyone else!

Glad to have you here!
Back to top Go down
https://carista.rpg-board.net
Dray

Dray

Total Experience Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Tapestries of a Newbie   Tapestries of a Newbie I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:03 pm

I know how you feel about the deadline stuff -- I'm such a worrier and having activity checks freaks me out.

Welcome, though! I'm glad to see that there are other folks who have lurked as hard as I did before I joined. I think you'll like it here. The danger is in making a bajillion characters to participate in every continent... >.> At least, if you're not Milk or Wicked and have the brain-capacity for that!

I'm Dray, I only play Haruna, from Terra, but if you're planning on making anyone from Terra or Ignis I would adore some more characters from out thataway!
Back to top Go down
Tess
Welcome Panel
Tess

Total Experience Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Tapestries of a Newbie   Tapestries of a Newbie I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:02 am

Heyyyy I'm Tess, and um...uhh... oh god i need to find something clever to say...

Bye now.

-cracks open door- -whispers-
Welcome...!

(ok but creepiness aside, I'm a welcome panel member which means I can help with stuff (if you have questions and such) and I'm always ready to plot...Also people tell me I'm nice, to believe them is your choice. Dun dun duun~)
Back to top Go down
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

Total Experience Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: Tapestries of a Newbie   Tapestries of a Newbie I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:26 am

Welcome to Carista! I'm Saeyer, a member of the Carista and Welcome Panels. We're glad to have you and let me know if you have any questions C:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tapestries of a Newbie   Tapestries of a Newbie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tapestries of a Newbie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Carista :: Home :: OOC Introduction-
Jump to: