Carista
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Carista. We are an original fantasy roleplay forum set in the world of Carista -- a place where the eight different systems of control are divided across countries and oceans and blood. The systems of control are Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Plant, Health and Time -- all given to humanity in ages past.

Now, during a golden age throughout the kingdoms, rumors have come of the Loners discovering an ancient building deep underground that contains a legendary Relic that may hold the key to ultimate power or destruction. And so the race of kingdoms begin with the prize being a Relic of untold power...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Affiliate With Us

Our Affiliates

RPG-D RPGD Topsites Distant Fantasies

The plots and creative work of the site are thanks to Delilah and Vulcan. The graphics and skin are custom made by Delilah for Carista.

The Panels were inspired by the staff system on Bloodrites.net

All written role play content belongs to the designated writer.

Carista is PG-13 with all M+ threads in forums only seen by 18+ year old members.

Greetings from Switzerland

Go down 
+3
Dray
Saeyer
Fiona
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiona

Fiona

Total Experience Points : 0

Greetings from Switzerland Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Switzerland   Greetings from Switzerland I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:08 pm

Hello

Alias: Fiona

Contact Information: fiona (dot) duerst (at) traum-welten (dot) com

RP History:I've been post by post rping for about two years now in english, which is not my first language. I have about 10 years experience in chat online games rp in german.

How you found Carista: Browsing RPG-D while bored xD

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I'm looking forward to rp with you all.

Fiona
Back to top Go down
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

Total Experience Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Switzerland   Greetings from Switzerland I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Hi Fiona, welcome to Carista! I'm Saeyer, a member of the Carista and Welcome panels. Our panels are made up of members who help keep things running and make sure no one gets swamped with their duties; panels can be applied for after two months active on the site.

There are useful links on the right sidebar and more information about different parts of the world under the Kingdom Archives section of the forums. We're all very friendly here, please don't hesitate to ask us if you have a question. Looking forward to playing with you!
Back to top Go down
Dray

Dray

Total Experience Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Switzerland   Greetings from Switzerland I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:28 am

Hi there, Fiona! Is RPing within the German-speaking circles much different from RPing in English-speaking ones? I am (ashamedly) a monolingual sort of person, so I haven't had much experience and am wondering if there's any other differences aside from language stuff.

I'm Dray, I'm currently only playing Haruna -- that may change by the end of this month, as I'm hoping to make a new character once every couple of months -- and I'm a total Terra fan for the world... but there's so much to explore with this setting. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone makes of it as time (and the main plot that's happening behind the scenes!!) progresses!
Back to top Go down
Tsamo

Tsamo

Total Experience Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Switzerland   Greetings from Switzerland I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:02 am

Hey Fiona! Welcome! I saw you lurking around in the cbox before, so I'm glad you decided to officially register with us here!
Back to top Go down
Fiona

Fiona

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Switzerland   Greetings from Switzerland I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:19 am

Thanks!

@Dray Nah, it's not much different, just that for me german is easier to write and it takes me less time to write a post and that the resulting text is likely to be more colorful and better written than one in english.
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Carista Panel
Delilah

Total Experience Points : 203

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Switzerland   Greetings from Switzerland I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:07 pm

Welcome Fiona! We are glad you took the plunge and joined us!

I am Delilah, a member of the Carista Panel here. You can learn all about the Panels Saeyer mentioned with the buttons to the left. The Welcome Panel is especially fun, because they also serve as mentors to new members! A mentor can guide you, answer questions and do all kinds of things. I'll send you a PM shortly with your member assignment.

Other than that, just welcome! I play in Ignis and Valetudo currently, so hit me up with plots!!
Back to top Go down
https://carista.rpg-board.net
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

Total Experience Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Switzerland   Greetings from Switzerland I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 4:25 pm

Aw yeeeah, an older member! Still older than you, but not by much! >.>

I'm Jayne. Some will tell you to stay away from me, but I'm sure you don't always do what people tell you ^_^

Welcome! We've got a really good member base here and everyone is always willing to help out. A lot of us hang in the cbox like bar flies so there's always someone to chat it up with even if it looks like no one is around.

I have a question--is English really hard to learn?

Back to top Go down
Fiona

Fiona

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Switzerland   Greetings from Switzerland I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 9:54 am

@Delilah Thanks! I'm looking forward to plot with you. That is, after i made my first character

@Jayne Woha, someone in my age range I never do what people tell me, life would be boring if i did (well maybe i would if there were a super sexy Mr. Grey in my life xD). English is not that hard to learn, Russian, for example, is way harder (i gave up on it after a half year).
Back to top Go down
Wicked

Wicked

Total Experience Points : 3

Character Sheet
OOC:
Classification:
Experience:
Greetings from Switzerland Left_bar_bleue0/0Greetings from Switzerland Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Switzerland   Greetings from Switzerland I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 12:36 pm

I can totally see Russian being hard to learn. You have to learn a new but similar alphabet. It's terrible if you're dyslexic like me.

This is such a delayed response...but hi.
Back to top Go down
Fiona

Fiona

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Switzerland   Greetings from Switzerland I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 2:46 pm

The alphabet is the easiest part. The declension kills you, they actually make a differnce between thigns that are animate or inanimate!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Switzerland   Greetings from Switzerland I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Switzerland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Carista :: Home :: OOC Introduction-
Jump to: