Posts : 885
Total Experience Points : 203
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 27
|Subject: Read First Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:53 pm|| |
Recognizing that sometimes we just need the basics to get a feel for the site, this thread covers the very basics of everything that has to do with Carista, for Rules, Plot, Subplots, The World, and such. Remember, this is the basics
and that if you do decide to join us, I reccomend you read the full threads, which are linked to the right and throughout this post.
All information about Carista will be found in the forum here
, or in their respective areas of the Kingdom Archives found here
- Make an alias account as well as an account per character
- There is an e-mail glitch. Please read more [here].
- We have a work count of 250.
- Each character must be posted with once every two months.
- Any and all M+ material must be marked as such and will be moved to 18+ forums.
- The staff system is made up of three panels. Find information on those [here].
Basics for making a Character
- Each character needs his/her own account. Remember the e-mail glitch (above).
- Elements and Classifications (power levels) are randomized by the Carista Panel. Read more on these [here].
- To receive a randomization, you just need to post an application with the character's age, and their parents' elements.
- You may petition an element or classification. See more on petitions [here].
- Characters are expected to follow general naming conventions found [here].
Carista is in a Golden Age where rumors of a Relic containing unimaginable power are circulating throughout the seven Kingdoms. Now, groups of people known as Loners have rumored to discover a building deep underground that may contain the legendary Relic, though those Loners mysteriously disappeared. Thus, the race for the power of the Relic is on...
--See the full plot here.
--Each Kingdom has it's own subplot within the main plot. Following are very
watered down versions of these plots. The full plots are [here].
- Sera: A new King, and the first King, of Sera has been chosen. The Kingdom is on the brink of Civil war as others believe the old councils should be reinstated or that they have a better King or Queen for the new Kingdom.
- Ventus: This Kingdom houses the Ventus Brotherhood, an order of assassins and spies. The Brotherhood are secretly the Loners searching for the Relic. (See more on the Brotherhood here.) Currently, the King is sending Brothers to Valetudo and spreading resources thin.
- Valetudo: This peaceful Kingdom is known for their superior Health and Social Structure. Now, an Undan and Glacien invasion is on the horizon and the Queen cowers at the thought of her Kingdom's first battle in ages ending in defeat, even with the Brotherhood on her side.
- Terra: Devastated by the 15 year war with Ignis, the once proud Kingdom is in rags and the land scorched an barely livable. Left to fend for themselves, the people have begun to desperately look for the Relic as their one and only hope as fights continues from the newly ended war.
- Ignis: One of the youngest Kingdoms, they did not suffer nearly as much as their enemy Kingdom. Ignis thrives, though rumors have begin to surface that the Queen herself was responsible for terrorist attacks that were the start of the Ignis Terran War. The Kingdom stands divided.
- Unda: Undans control any and all trade in Carista. However, recently people have divided from the Kingdom and formed their own: Glacies. Now, Undan ships push to the corners of the poles in search of their traitorous brothers and sisters, killing all that lie in their path or forcing them below deck as slaves.
- Glacies: A Kingdom that is only 30 years old, the people of poles finally decided to be free of the tyrannical rule of the Undan Queen and form a Kingdom of their own. However, with the constant attacks on their villages, they have looked to Valetudo and the Loners rumored to be there as a safe haven. However, with nearly every person in South Glacies going directly to a single Kingdom, panic has lead to violence of an invasion.
Basics on the World
- Carista is the known world. A map can be found [here].
- Everyone in Carista has the ability to control a single element, though the power greatly varies.
- There are six classifications of power: Citizen, Apprentice, Consular, Master, Grand Master, and Blessed.
- Clocks are the highest form of technology, made specially by members of the Time System.
- Trade is done with coin.
- See the full World thread [here] for more details on the above information.
- Caristian is the universal language of Carista that all people learn to speak. See more on additional languages [here].