Carista
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Carista. We are an original fantasy roleplay forum set in the world of Carista -- a place where the eight different systems of control are divided across countries and oceans and blood. The systems of control are Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Plant, Health and Time -- all given to humanity in ages past.

Now, during a golden age throughout the kingdoms, rumors have come of the Loners discovering an ancient building deep underground that contains a legendary Relic that may hold the key to ultimate power or destruction. And so the race of kingdoms begin with the prize being a Relic of untold power...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Affiliate With Us

Our Affiliates

RPG-D RPGD Topsites Distant Fantasies

The plots and creative work of the site are thanks to Delilah and Vulcan. The graphics and skin are custom made by Delilah for Carista.

The Panels were inspired by the staff system on Bloodrites.net

All written role play content belongs to the designated writer.

Carista is PG-13 with all M+ threads in forums only seen by 18+ year old members.

FAQ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Delilah
Carista Panel
Delilah

Total Experience Points : 203

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: FAQ   FAQ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 12:32 am

FAQ

Tech Support

Why can't I use my e-mail twice? How am I supposed to register an account for each character?
--It's just a trade off for using forumotion, honestly. However, we have a system for this that involved temporary e-mails just to register. Please read more in the --Joining-- section of the rules.

How do I change my Avatar?
--Click "Profile" below the Carista banner. The top section is "Registration Information". Above this, there is a link that says "Avatar". If you are entering a link from Photobucket, tinypic, etc, enter it in the bottom field.

General

Do I need to have a celebrity for a PB?
--Nope, you don't have to have a PB at all. However, any picture, actor, or drawing you us needs to be legal to use. Celebrities (like actors) are in the public view so it's legal to use their pictures. Myspace "celebrities" aren't technically legal. Also, please don't use yourself...it blurs too many lines.

Is there a character limit?
--No. Make as many characters as you can handle. They must abide by the --Activity Policy--, however.

Can I make my character the child of some real influential person?
--Yes! In fact, you can make a character a real influential person themselves! The only characters that are off limits are Kingdoms Rulers, their spouses, and any character that would otherwise "rule" the Kingdom in any way (head advisor, etc). Rulers can only be played if a Kingdom Petition has been passed.

If I can make an influential person, can I make the child of a Ruler?
--Use your logic. Yes. However, they cannot be "about the assume the throne" in any way unless you are writing a petition.

I see that the rulers have different type of cultural names. Do I have to do that too?
--Yes. All characters must follow the --Naming Conventions-- for their Kingdom.

Carista World Specific

Are there any "normal" people in this world who don't control the elements?
--No there are not. However, it is possible to play a character who has very minimal control over the elements.

Is there a limit to the power my character can control?
--There are six classifications of power level on the site (Citizen, Apprentice, Consular, Master, Grand Master, and Blessed). At the current moment no "you may do this and not this" has been defined, and it is the goal of the board that people will use their best judgement for their assigned classification.

Can someone gain control over more than one element?
--Currently, no, no matter the classification of power. That is simply not possible at the current time.

Is this world Matriarchal or Patriarchal?
--Patriarchal in the sense that names are passed down from the father and a woman takes her husband's name. However, the mother is slightly more likely to pass down her element to the child than the father is.

What language does everyone speak?
Caristian is the universal langauge. However, there are "old" languages too. See the --Languages-- thread for more information.

Can my Character travel kingdoms?
Yes, though anything past local Kingdom travel is not encouraged. Travel is very expensive and working on a ship for passage is far from pleasant. Please see more in our --Travel Thread--.

Can a character tell when another is using their element?
Yes! It is very obvious when they share an element, though much harder to tell if they do not, but still possible.

Carista Canon Specific

When was the Terra/Ignis war?
--It started 15 years ago and ended within the past year. Some fighting is still happening on the outskirts because of lack of good communication and some corrupt leaders.

When are elements developed in children?
--Elemental control is always there, but it basically unnoticeable when they are very young. The older they get, the more apparent they become. For a character that has a higher classification at a younger age, it can be assumed that their gift developed early. Same works for an older man who is classified as a citizen -- he must have been a late bloomer.

What are the three vows of the Ventus Brotherhood?
--They take a vow of Celibacy, a vow not to ingest alcohol, and a vow to never leave their post.
Back to top Go down
https://carista.rpg-board.net

FAQ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Carista :: Home :: Rules and Information-
Jump to: