Carista
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Carista. We are an original fantasy roleplay forum set in the world of Carista -- a place where the eight different systems of control are divided across countries and oceans and blood. The systems of control are Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Plant, Health and Time -- all given to humanity in ages past.

Now, during a golden age throughout the kingdoms, rumors have come of the Loners discovering an ancient building deep underground that contains a legendary Relic that may hold the key to ultimate power or destruction. And so the race of kingdoms begin with the prize being a Relic of untold power...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Affiliate With Us

Our Affiliates

RPG-D RPGD Topsites Distant Fantasies

The plots and creative work of the site are thanks to Delilah and Vulcan. The graphics and skin are custom made by Delilah for Carista.

The Panels were inspired by the staff system on Bloodrites.net

All written role play content belongs to the designated writer.

Carista is PG-13 with all M+ threads in forums only seen by 18+ year old members.

Jayne's Plotting Thread

Go down 
+2
milksteak
Jayne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

Total Experience Points : 9

Jayne's Plotting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Jayne's Plotting Thread Tumblr_m4bankaFN01qlrx3zo1_400
Kelly Gray

Kelly's Application

Basics
Kelly is an Ice Citizen who is considered an agent or an inquisitor for the Ignis government. His duties can range but his specialization is obtaining intelligence on just about anything. He is widely known for a number of reasons, either through his position with the Ignis government or through his heritage as a member of the Gray family.

Those who know Kelly Gray conjure up negative things about him, but generally he's a fair person who simply has a job to do. Buy him a few drinks after hours and he'll be pretty friendly but he's about as easy to open as a pistachio with a centimeter of an opening on the shell. He respects honesty and is an honorable man when he can afford to be.

Friends
Kelly doesn't have many people that he would consider a friend in the true sense of the word; he knows many people that he has friendly conversations or business relationships with, but there are very few people he trusts even a little. If Kelly calls someone a friend, that's usually a very good indicator that person isn't a friend at all. Some relationships he has with others are out of a mutual respect, which is probably the closest thing that he's had to a genuine friend.

It's not that Kelly isn't open to having friends, but his line of work is usually see what others are attempting to hide, and it becomes harder and harder to trust people when Kelly has seen so many liars and manipulators. Perhaps if he would meet someone honest and true--regardless if the honesty was openly telling Kelly he or she was going to kill him--he'd at least be a little more comfortable knowing the intentions of the other party.

Lovers
Kelly's job doesn't really allot him much time for romantic relationships in the traditional sense--sure, he loves children, but he doesn't think that he'll ever be able to settle down to make some of his own let alone find a woman that even likes him. That and having a family would be considered a weakness if someone were to ever attempt to force information from Kelly.

No, Kelly's lovers end up being one-night stands that he can easily detach himself from. Even though he secretly enjoys cuddling after the deed is done, but always uses the excuse that he's cold as to the reason why he sleeps so close to women.

Enemies
Kelly isn't short on enemies and they play on all sides of the board. For starters, almost anyone against the government would consider Kelly to be an enemy, especially the rebels that he is currently investigating. Both the Ignis government and some of the general populace see Kelly as an enemy based upon the Gray crime family, assuming that he's probably somehow still involved. Some officials in the Ignis government dislike Gray for the simple fact that he is too smart for his own good as some officials are corrupt and would like their skeletons to stay hidden in their closets.

Ironically enough, Kelly doesn't see many people as his enemy--it's usually how other people perceive him.

Other
Kelly is beginning dig through the intel that he's gathered on the rebels and is starting to find a disturbing thought dancing in the back of his mind--that the rebels could in fact be telling the truth about the Queen starting the war with the Terrans. This could lead Kelly into a possible truce with the rebels if things flow a certain way.

Jayne's Plotting Thread Frightnight1
Leslie Worthington AKA Lucio Romano

Les's app

Basics
The Great Lucio Romano is a renowned magician and entertainer, owning his own theatre in the heart of Valetudo's capital. He's pretty good himself, but also employs other shows to appear on his stage--for a fee, of course. He's mysterious, witty, charming, and supposedly loaded. He's hardly ever seen out in public and is very secretive about his personal life, which makes him all the more attractive to people. He grants audiences every now and again--especially to those who are willing to pay or are of value to Lucio somehow--but is seldom seen outside of his theater.

And then you have Leslie Worthington, the man who plays Lucio Romano. A man who drinks, fucks, and tugs at his scrotum whenever he feels it necessary. A man who history has forgotten and replaced with Lucio. He's crass, crabby, and complicated on any given day. And yet he wields elemental abilities like temporally displacing someone's personality who existed in the past to speak with them in the present. Yeah, I know. Mind blown. Perhaps you've heard of his abilities to speak to people long since past from rumors and heresy. Or how he can erase specific time periods in your life. Perhaps you'd like to set up a meeting. Perhaps he'd tell you to fuck off. Then again, he might not. Who knows.

Les tries to keep himself indoors when he's not the magical Lucio, but he has been known to wander outside simply because very few people would recognize him. Sometimes he sits in his own theater as a paying member to watch some of the acts he's hired. Sometimes he's pissing in the alleyway in the back of the establishment. Sometimes he's not even in Valetudo.

Friends
Friends? Lucio Romano has many friends--every one of his paying customers. He is even more friendly to those with influence and coin to keep the life that he has become accustomed to. To those who are not paying customers, Lucio may still consider them a friend, but a friend that he has kind words for but no time to spare. Yes, Lucio has many friends...and yet none of them truly are friends.

In terms of Leslie Worthington? Besides his servant and maybe a handful of people, there's almost no one that Les would call a friend--he doesn't necessarily exude friendliness and most people find his true self hard to take. He tries to avoid true friendship as that would mean he has an actual relationship with something that could be broken or strained. He's not opposed to having acquaintances, but he's not going to be amassing a bunch of friends anytime soon.

Lovers
Always. Les's bedroom is like a revolving door for prostitutes. Any lovers that Les would tie emotions or feelings to? Not likely. At least, not that he could help. As with his friendships, forming relationships that have emotions and feelings holding them together is not something that Les is into.

Enemies
Probably a few, yeah. More notably those he owes gambling debts too. Les is sure to have burned a few bridges since taking on the mantle of Lucio Romano as he didn't have the clout to make any enemies as Leslie Worthington. Maybe a performer that he denied his stage to because they were not good enough? Maybe a person who attempted to use Les's other services to contact someone from the past and he declined? Or maybe he ended up pissing on someone while he was drunk. It's not impossible.

Other
Les's theater is running out of money--quickly. Gambling debts, expensive artifacts and a few bad performers have put the establishment on a downward path. He might be open to using his elemental gifts to those for less coin than he would normally accept. He might even want to get out of town for a little while so he can stretch his legs.

Last edited by Jayne on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:38 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

Total Experience Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Well! I have a young lady, Ardent Davenport, who does the exact same thing as Kelly, only for the rebels. She's a spy who uses her socialite status to get her close and personal to the enemy. I think it'd be fun to do a little spy vs spy with them!
Back to top Go down
Saeyer
Carista & Welcome Panels
Saeyer

Total Experience Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 8:15 pm

... I really want to see a scene between those two.

But I'd also like to offer you Errol as a possible Other. I think under other circumstances they might have even liked each other, but currently Errol is muscle for the Rebellion. He was also in the Ignis army for a bit and his mother is a high ranking officer. He could be someone Kelly follows, interrogates, punches, what-have-you; you know, the fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 8:33 pm

Milksteak - I just read up on Ardie and I think that we should definitely do something between her and Kelly. Funny enough, it seems Ardie and Kelly aren't very different at all if one or two life choices had been slightly different. I'm definitely in.

Sawyer - Well I think Kelly would appreciate Errol's dry sense of humor and a dislike for his mother--y'know, while he's interrogating him and all :-) I think if Kelly found out that Errol was in the Ignis military and that his mother was a high ranking officer, that would definitely pique his interest in Errol. Like two sides of a coin--Kelly growing up as a criminal and becoming an officer, and Errol being an officer and now seen as a criminal under Ignis law. Me likey!
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Excellent! I'm ready to thread whenever, but I think we probably have enough Ignisians/people-who-can-be-in-Ignis at any point by now to start a group thread.
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Either one-on-one or group thread is fine with me. I was just a little timid about starting the thread <.<
Back to top Go down
milksteak
Review Panel
milksteak

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 3:17 am

We can do both. I'm anxious to get Ardent in the game. 8D I love her.

EDIT: https://carista.rpg-board.net/t187-ignis-has-the-biggest-balls Booyah!
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:13 am

Sorry...meant to post yesterday but got caught up in Christmas-y things like getting a tree :-) Hope the post isn't too bad...haven't RPed in a few months. Need to get mah flow back!
Back to top Go down
Ardent Davenport

Ardent Davenport

Total Experience Points : 16

Character Sheet
OOC: milksteak
Classification: Citizen
Experience:
Jayne's Plotting Thread Left_bar_bleue18/30Jayne's Plotting Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (18/30)

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:36 pm

8D I WILL HELP YOU WITH YOUR FLOW! But it is very good and I see no problems with your post. And take your time if you need! I'm not going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Dray

Dray

Total Experience Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 2:46 am

So I really like Kelly, though at the moment I have no good reason to set up a thread between your character and mine. If, at some point, the plot allows him and Haruna to be in the same general area, can we start up a thread? I think that they have similar mind-sets, and Haruna's young enough compared to him that she might fall under his range for liking the presence of kids -- though being a teenager I don't know if she counts anymore!

Any chance that he's going to wind up involved in the relic plot?
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:15 pm

Y'know, I was thinking Kelly would eventually be involved in the relic plot because he's a field intel guy and I can't see why Ignis wouldn't want more intel on something that would help them gain power >.> It is entirely possible they could meet on that front.

Kelly might even know of the prisoner that Haruna had helped return to Ignis too so that could be a start to something.
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:57 pm

Bump! Leslie Worthington has been added! >.>
Back to top Go down
Dray

Dray

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:04 am

...Hey, Hey Jayne.

What does a literal handful of people look like to you?

All that I am seeing is some kind of cuppage.

Is that close?

(I will read this update when I have less rum in me but for now, I had a gigglefit.)
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:37 am

So long as that literal handful is female, there will definitely be cuppage <.<

Yeah, that did kinda come out wrong...I meant he literally only has three to four friends in the whole world.
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Y'know what? Under normal circumstances, Les might have thought that was underneath him. But since he's hard up for some coin? Oh yeah...he would definitely do that >.>
Back to top Go down
Wicked

Wicked

Total Experience Points : 3

Character Sheet
OOC:
Classification:
Experience:
Jayne's Plotting Thread Left_bar_bleue0/0Jayne's Plotting Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:49 pm

A thing with Tiny Schizoid Nam.

Dray suggested that Haruna's horse might break loose and Nam might find it. It could lead to some confusion later on, if Kelly tried to pursue Haruna.

madness:
Back to top Go down
Dray

Dray

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 11:40 pm

Still waiting to see how badly the interrogation goes, of course. I just thought it'd be a waste to have Meiko disappear from Haruna's sphere of influence without showing up in someone else's!
Back to top Go down
Jayne
Welcome Panel
Jayne

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:39 am

Speaking of, I will be posting tomorrow >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jayne's Plotting Thread   Jayne's Plotting Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jayne's Plotting Thread
Page 1 of 1